The Village is extending safe, reliable municipal drinking water in response to a decades long issue with fecal bacteria contamination of private wells
Private Property Work Construction Update – 1/14/21 – 1/30/21
- 155 of 168 residential property owner agreements have been turned in to date. Thank you to all who have turned in your agreement. Note that if you do not provide access to the Contractor, you will become liable for additional costs related to the delays (extra mobilizations, overtime pay, etc).
- Private service lateral installation is proceeding throughout the Village, including Lake, Vine, Forestview, Parkview, Good Hope Road, and Main Street.
- Basement “Pre-Piping” is taking place in the same areas. Once the pre-piping is complete, the water meters will be installed when the water main is ready.
- 4 properties have been converted to municipal water since December 2020.
- The Village Board voted to approve the first application for payment by the Contractor ($63,840), which has been forwarded to Waukesha County CDBG for processing and payment.
- Note, for folks on existing water main, contact the Village regarding a 5-year payment plan option if you cannot pay your $7,692 impact fee in full at the time of connection.
Public Water Main and Well Construction Update
- USDA-RD is preparing “closing instructions” so that the Village can advertise the project for bids.
- Water main bids will be advertised in February.
- Well acquisition is in progress.
What is Public vs. Private?
Water main and services within the public right of way.
Existing Public Water Mains
These are primarily on Main Street and the Village has been paying the debt since 2008. Properties with an existing main must pay a water impact fee at the time of connection. (~ $7500-$7700)
New Water Main
These will be installed in 2021 and will be paid by a special assessment. This $15,000 Special Assessment will be applied to the tax bill that you will receive in November 2021 and payments will be spread out over 20 years. The interest rate is 2.25% and the annual payment is $940 per year.
Private property work is being completed by the Village’s contractor, Mid-City Corp, and is being paid for directly by Waukesha County and the Waukesha County Community Foundation. Properties must connect within the six months after the water main is installed in the street in front of the property.
Well abandonment costs will be paid as follows: 50% paid by the Waukesha Community Foundations and 50% paid for by the property owner.
Past Meeting Minutes & Information
|Meeting Date||Meeting Type||Notice Type||Water System Topics||Attachments|
|October 2018||Mailer Sent||Post Card–Villagewide|
zip code mailing
|October 8, 2018||Public Information|
zip code mailing
|October 8, 2018||Village Board||Standard|
|April 8, 2019||Village Board||Standard|
|April 25, 2019||Village Board||Standard|
|May 13, 2019||Village Board||Standard|
|May 30, 2019||Village Board||Standard|
|July 29, 2019||Mailer Sent||Mailing – Villagewide|
|August 14, 2019||Public Information|
|Mailing – Villagewide|
|September 9, 2019||Village Board||Standard|
|October 14, 2019||Village Board||Standard|
|October 14, 2019||Website Posting||Website Posting|
|December 9, 2019||Village Board Public|
|December 18, 2019||Lisbon Public|
|February 2, 2020||Waukesha County|
CDBG Board Meeting
|March 9, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|March 26, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|April 15, 2020||USDA-RD Approvals||Standard|
|May 28, 2020||Plan Commission||Standard|
|June 25, 2020||Joint Plan Commission|
and Village Board,
|Standard Plus Mailing|
to adjacent properties
|July 2, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|July 13, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|August 10, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|September 14, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|September 24, 2020||Village Board and|
|October 1, 2020||Mailer Sent||Mailing – Villagewide|
|October 12, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|October 23, 2020||Mailer Sent||Mailing – Villagewide|
Zip Code and Each
Outside of Zip Code
|November 5, 2020||Public Hearing||Standard, Mailing to|
Each Property to be
Mailing to Each Impact
Fee Property that Already
has Water Main but is
|November 9, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|November 18, 2020||Village Board||Standard|
|December 4, 2020||Website Posting||Website Posting|
|December 14, 2020||Village Board||Standard|